Monday, September 08, 2008

VOTE! Care! and Give a Damn!

Last Friday I went on a night out with some random friends. It was a good night out, something I haven't had for a while. :)

Sometime in the night, I remember the group talking about the USC Elections and the Plebiscite to amend the USC Constitution. Then they looked at me and gave me a teasing stare, "Naku, Admin 'yan. Sa admin 'yan nagtatrabaho," and pretended to talk among themselves. :)

Hindi ako nakpikon, and I know it was a joke. :) But I'd like to share with everyone concerned what I told my companions last Friday: BY ALL MEANS, DO VOTE!

I remember being an apathetic student. It didnt matter to me then that I was.

Working for the administration, though, has made me see that there are different aspects to the problems that we face in UPLB. It is not so much the portrayal of "students versus the administration".

Now that I know more about the issues, it feels dumb to not have known about what's going on in the University as a student. So, don't be like me.

If its anything that the adminstration would like to say, its: CARE! Care about your University. And, VOTE on September 10 and 11!

That's it. Oh! and sa mga kasama ko last Friday, Thanks for the company! :)

No comments: