Tuesday, June 24, 2008

UP + camera phone + Smart = UPiktyuran Na!

UPiktyuran Na! with Smart: UP Centennial Smart MMS Photo Competition is now on!

I found the full-page ad in the Philippine Star last Sunday and looked up the site today. I think I saw just a couple entries submitted so far.

The UP Diliman College of Mass Communication partnered with Smart for this promo, so thanks for that. It's a pretty neat project for the Centennial :)

The good news: its open to all UP constituents; students, alumni, faculty and employees, no matter what campus you belong to, wherever you are in the world :) It's actually very good news that they've included all campuses here. I'm beginning to get ticked off at the notion that Diliman is the only UP.

This reminds me of an article I read in the Sunday Inquirer Magazine about the Smoke Ban in the UP Campuses... the author wasn't able to include UPLB in the list of campuses she listed. (sorry couldn't find the link for you)

The not-so-good news: Of course, only Smart subscribers can send their entries. :) Too bad I'm not a Smart subscriber... yet. I wonder if they could have tied up with Globe for this... Another sentiment that I have is these promos and features are so network-based.

One instance: you have a phone that has some feature (like internet browsing), but you can't use it because your network doesn't provide the feature (or hasn't programed it yet) for your phone (because its not a Nokia), or (until recently) they'd charge you big for using it.

Anyway, more good news: if your photo gets to be among their top 10 outstanding photos, you'll be winning a Smart Bro Prepaid broadband kit bundled with an Asus eeePC laptop :) Now, that makes me want to borrow my Mom's sim for a while. Heheh. :)

Here's a photo of the flyer:





1 comment:

nica mariano said...

hahahaha!
you can borrow my sim;)